The aim of the bursary programme is to give financial assistance to tenants and/or other family members (residing within their household) who are students or completing a recognised apprenticeship.
The award shall be known as the St Matthews H.A. Annual Student/Apprenticeship Bursary Scheme. The bursary will be an annual award of up to £500 to assist them financially in a formal student course at a recognised further or higher education college or whilst completing a government recognised apprenticeship programme, NVQ qualification, or to assist with the costs of attending an officially recognised course in the Gaeltacht.
- Any person making an application for the bursary award must be a resident in Short Strand area or tenant or household member who resides within one of St Matthews H.A. dwellings.
- The bursary recipients will be determined by a Panel made up from SMHA Board.
- Only one application per student is permissible.
- Students must show evidence of having been enrolled and accepted on the course or apprenticeship.
- The decision of the Association is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Application forms will be available to all SMHA households via our website and are also available from SMHA Offices at 58 Harper Street, Belfast, BT5 4EN.
- The recipients will be notified by post and may be required to attend any publicity or promotional events.
Applications must be submitted to St Matthews Housing Association Ltd, 58 Harper Street, Belfast, BT5 4EN or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 pm (noon) on 31st August 2021.